Hi everyone and thank you again for visiting my blog.
Today I want to talk about the quality of kindness and list 10 advantages of why kindness is important to both ourselves and to others. Kindness is important because unfortunately we live in a world where there is still a lot of hatred, malice and jealousy and that is something we have to work hard to help eradicate. The 10 advantages are listed below:
- Being kind to others helps us to feel good about ourselves
- You may be helping the person more than you think
- Kindness helps to strengthen relationships and can help spread love and peace to one another (got this one from a website)
- The people you are kind to tend to automatically get good feelings in their heart about you.
- Kindness can have a knock on effect and inspire others to be kind. (got this one from a website)
- Kindness bring joy and happiness to others as well as ourselves.
- Kindness helps us to become less selfish/greedy and helps to appreciate all the blessing we already have. We have a lot to be thankful for.
- Kindness can sometimes be reciprocated.
- Kindness also shows compassion and love which are two great qualities.
- When you are kind to someone they don’t tend to forget the way you made them feel.
It is really important to spread kindness. I read once to spread kindness like confetti but I think we should spread kindness more than confetti. If you know someone is struggling be kind to them because your support tends to mean a lot. It doesn’t cost a lot to call/text your friend asking if they are ok if you know they are feeling down or to buy a homeless person a coffee. Acts like these take a little amount of time and effort but the effect it has can be enormous.
I just want to leave you with 2 powerful quotes. The first is “Be a rainbow in the Thunder” from Ellis Wooley which I bought as a poster from one of her online shops as seen in the picture below.
The other is that “Kindness is a language that even the deaf can hear and the blind can see”. I feel this is a really powerful quote which shows the power of kindness.
So the main message I wanted to get across to be kind to people because you don’t know what they are going through.
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.