- I want to run the parkrun 5K in less than 25 mins. My current personal best is 25 minutes 46 seconds. It will take a lot of effort but I believe I can achieve this.
- Cut down on the amount of junk food and make sure the takeaway is only once a week. This might be quite hard as I have lots of takeaways outside work but this is something I’m determined to do to get into a healthier shape and healthier mindset.
- Attend my poetry events and take more time out to write poetry. Most of you know that I really like writing poetry however after a long day at work, it can be really hard to motivate myself. I’m determined to explore my creative side in more detail.
- Do 12 half marathons in 12 months. After doing 12 marathons in 12 months last year, I found it took a lot out of me and even though it was a wonderful experience, I would much rather do half marathons as they are not that much of a challenge but challenging enough and something that I can really do.
- Take myself out of my comfort zone one. I want to do more things that are scary and daunting as that can be where a person realises how strong they are. I’ve already signed up for an abseil from 200 feet in March and this is something that I’m really looking forward to and I hope to share this experience with you guys on my blog.
- Volunteer with homeless more. The whole purpose of myself mentioning this is to motivate and inspire myself and others to volunteer. Homelessness is rapidly on the increase and sadly some people still look at homeless people as a stain to society. In the very fact that they are human being is that is that dignity and respect.
Thanks for reading.
What are your New Year resolutions?